Thursday, December 2, 2010

Signs

                                                 

Today was transfer day for my snow sister. See the picture above? That was the bumper sticker on the vehicle in front of me during my drive to work this morning. I kid you not. Never in my life have I seen one before, and then today, of all days, there it was. I get goosebumps even now thinking of it.

In case you're wondering, yes. I'm superstitious. Incredibly so.

I was driving home earlier listening to Delilah. Perhaps you're familiar with Delilah? She does an evening radio program on what I'd guess you'd call "easy listening" stations. (Wow, I sound OLD!) Anyway, it just so happens her program is on our local station that is also playing Christmas music 24/7 which is all I'm listening to right now. Typically, she takes calls or reads letters, and then finds appropriate songs to play based on the situation. Tonight, I caught the tail end of a dedication she was making to a couple struggling with infertility. I wish I'd heard what song she'd chosen.

Today was transfer day, my friends. And it was a good day. It was a very good day.

When I received the picture on my phone this afternoon of that wonderful, perfect, amazing little blastocyst~~the first and only one they needed to thaw~~hatching away, eager to join his/her new family, I burst into tears.

And now we wait. And pray.

Snuggle in, little one. You're home.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I have chills reading this post. It was a good day indeed, filled with hope <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have an amazing, and unique, story. I can't wait to find out what happens!

    ReplyDelete